Yoga is well known for it’s many fitness benefits for your body. These include boosting your mood, improving your libido and enabling you to enjoy a better sense of well being. The beauty of yoga is that you do not have to go to a gym to enjoy its benefits rather, you can just do it from the comfort of your home. These are the easy and common yoga poses:
1. Warrior II this pose is done while standing with your feet wider than the length of your hip-width then turning your right toes out and left ones inward at an angle of 45-degree. You should then bend your right knee until your thigh becomes almost parallel to the ground and keep the left leg straight. You should then extend your arms directly out from your shoulders to your eye level and then take ten deep breaths in each direction. It stretches and strengthens your legs and ankles together with warrior III pose.
2. Mountain Pose it improves mental clarity, sense of center, posture and is a solid breathing exercise.
3. Tree Pose it enhances your balance, and makes your calves, ankles, thighs and spine stronger.
4. Bridge Pose it is a great fitness warm-up for more rigorous backbends and strengthens your neck, spine and chest.
5. Triangle it is a full body stretch that has the effect of strengthening knees, ankles and thighs as well as alleviating backaches.
6. Pigeon this pose is a superb quadricep (top of thighs) stretch and it opens up the chest and shoulders.
7. Upward facing dog it strengthens and stretches the arms, wrists and spine.
8. Downward facing dog it promotes full-blood circulation and stretches heels and calves. (Pose shown above)
9. Dolphin, triangle, child, seated and crow poses stretch and strengthen different parts of the body.
Some of the common mistakes yoga enthusiasts can make include skipping the warm-up and incorporating breath with each posture, pushing themselves too hard and paying too much attention to the “perfect pose”. Be mindful, breath into each pose and take your time with your practice.